Sexual harassment has been a major problem in many environments for a long time. It is particularly rampant in different types of workplaces, and it can create a hostile environment in many situations. Sexual harassment can be very demeaning and can make it very difficult to even come to work for the target. However, if you are a victim of sexual harassment, you do not need to simply accept it. You can contact a sexual harassment lawyer to help you figure out what your options are in the workplace. There are certain things that everyone should know about sexual harassment that are not necessarily common knowledge, and the following are seven of these things:
- A lot of the time, people who are guilty of sexual harassment are not even aware that they are harassing anyone.
- It is possible to be a victim of sexual harassment even when the harassment was not directed specifically at you.
- It is possible for sexual harassment to come from anyone, whether it be a boss, colleague, or even someone who does not work with you at all.
- Sexual harassment can come from any gender and can be directed towards any gender.
- In order for sexual harassment related offensive behavior to be considered illegal, a legally protected class must be the target.
- Even if there is no economic damage or expulsion of the victim, the sexual harassment may still be considered illegal.
- It is wrong for anyone to welcome or encourage offending sexual conduct, even if it is meant to be innocuous.
If you have been a victim of sexual harassment or have observed it in your surroundings, you should always feel free to contact our attorneys who have experience in sexual harassment. We have the expertise and experience to be able to help you with your problem. We welcome any questions that you might have and can potentially provide representation for the specifics of your case.